Gartner Research Reprints
Complimentary Download - Gartner report: DevOps Security Coaches Help Organizations Gain Leverage Without Training Everyone
According to Gartner, DevSecOps is about speed and efficiency, yet security is often seen by development managers as a training burden or blocking issue. Security and risk management leaders should name an individual as a security expert in development teams — a coach who conveys security priorities to colleagues. Download this complimentary Gartner research report to:
- Identify members of product teams who have an interest in security and encourage them with extra training, responsibilities and perks. Use them as coaches to build security knowledge in the DevOps teams.
- Integrate security tools into the existing developer workflow. Any tool that is outside their usual rhythm is likely to be skipped or abandoned.
- Encourage security coaches through self-directed training, performance bonuses and other perks that will keep their enthusiasm high and expand their knowledge of application security.
- Establish “office hours” — set periods of time during the week or month — where coaches can be available to any developer or other product team member to answer questions, work on problems or give local training.
This Gartner report outlines how security and risk management leaders overseeing application security should help organizations gain leverage and improve the likelihood of success. We believe this Gartner report will help identify appropriate use cases for DevOps culture and help to identify security problems sooner, so they are less expensive to fix during the development cycle.
Now Integrate Security into Your DevOps Toolchain
This complimentary Gartner report is brought to you by NeuVector, the leader in Full-Lifecycle Container Security
- Protect containers from DevOps to Run-Time
- Full lifecycle vulnerability management and compliance checks
- Implement 'security policy as code' to quickly deploy secure applications
- Protect east-west container traffic with the only cloud-native container firewall with Layer 7 deep packet inspection, DLP, and built-in threat detection
- Monitor running containers & hosts for violations, threats, break outs, and vulnerabilities
- Audit security settings of hosts, Docker daemon, and containers for internal and external compliance
Learn More ...
Gartner, DevOps Security Coaches Help Organizations Gain Leverage Without Training Everyone, 4 November 2020, Mark Horvath and Dale Gardner. GARTNER is a registered trademark and service mark of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and internationally, and is used herein with permission. This graphic was published by Gartner, Inc. as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The Gartner document is available upon request. All rights reserved.